Kelmscott Dental offer in-chair and take-home teeth whitening treatments using Philips ZOOM! the #1 requested teeth whitening brand world-wide.
Teeth Whitening at Kelmscott Dental
Today’s hectic lifestyles are demanding on our health and overall appearance. Everyday things such as tea, coffee, juices, tobacco, food additives and ageing, all contribute to the discolouration of our teeth.
Philips ZOOM! In-Chair Teeth Whitening
Philips ZOOM! is the number #1 patient requested whitening brand world-wide. This is a non-invasive dental procedure using advanced technology, to whiten your smile in a single visit. Teeth whitening can be a great option for patients wanting to brighten their smiles before a special event.
Teeth whitening results can vary between patients. An initial check-up and oral hygiene appointment is required prior to getting your teeth whitened, to ensure your suitability for treatment and to check that your teeth and gums are free from decay and gum disease.
There are a number of factors that contribute to discolouration, including beverages such as coffee, tea and red wine some of the most common culprits behind stained or yellowed teeth.
Smoking and bad oral hygiene can also be behind discolouration, with a lack of brushing and flossing allowing bacteria and plaque to build up. Teeth may also change colour due to aging, with enamel wearing thinner and showing the naturally yellow dentin underneath.
Teeth can also be prone to intrinsic staining from existing medical conditions, illness, antibiotic use or a condition known as fluorosis.
The Teeth Whitening Process
- First we assess your suitability for teeth whitening, checking for decay, gum disease and explain that whitening won’t work on restored teeth such as fillings or crowns.
- We show you the results you can expect from whitening and check your current shade registration
- We prepare your teeth, polish them and then cover your gums and sensitive spots to prevent irritation
- We apply a layer of advanced whitening gel followed by a UV light. We remove the gel after 15 minutes and repeat the process over 3 cycles
- We apply a post-treatment gel to protect tooth enamel and reduce sensitivity
- We provide you with care instructions and a take-home whitening kit with top-up syringes to maintain your whiter smile from home.